• If Donald Trump gets the Republican nomination, the Democrats don’t stand a chance in November.
• I am tired of my taxes going up. Things are supposed to be doing better in the economy but why does my check keep getting smaller every year?
• It will be a very sad day when President Obama leaves office. He will go down in history as one of the greatest presidents we have ever had.
• “We’re gonna be saying ‘Merry Christmas’ again.” Thank you, thank you, thank you, Donald Trump for focusing on the really important things.
• For the person who was critical of the County recognizing a volunteer group. “Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in.” • Author unknown. Our community groups and organizations are assets to our city and county and saying thank you is more than appropriate for what they contribute.
SBlt I am 71 years old
and gladly pay my hair stylist $12, plus a $3 tip, because she works hard and does a great job. Please don’t paint all seniors with the same brush. I love young people, and my heart goes out to you because the Unaffordable Care Act has hurt so many young people, including my own adult children. I’ve worked hard all my adult life, and am still working part-time, and I don’t expect to get anything for nothing.
• For a long time I’ve been saying there are “two Griffins.” Some of the best people I’ve ever met are here. Our community is caring and kind. Most are hard-working and stay out of trouble. Almost everyone supports the UGA campus here. That brings me to today’s (Jan. 21) front page in the GDN. The article about the appointment of Dr. Hunnicutt as the new leader at UGA (he sounds like a great, hard-working guy and fits in nicely here) is on the same front page with “Juvenile faces assault charge.” A 14-year-old already on probation? Parents who allow their irresponsible kid to shoot up the neighborhood with BBs? As I said, there are two Griffins.
• If you think Pine Hill Road is a trash dump, drive west on Newnan Road and see what the mobile garbage disposals known as pick-up trucks have left there.
• A 14-year-old that is already on probation and is running around shooting his BB gun at people? Sounds like that kid needs a good, old-fashioned trip to the woodshed.
• Some people are freaking out of water rates going up but did you actually read how much? An average customer will only see a $2.17 increase. It’s nothing to go off the deep end about.
• I heard that Whoopi Goldberg said she wants to leave America. Can I be the first to buy her a plane ticket out of here?
SBlt In reference to the
funny column written about Nick Saban being named the new GHS football coach. Some of these goobers around here obviously didn’t get it. I thought it was one of the funniest articles I have read in a long time.
• Congratulations, Mr. Trump on that all important Sarah Palin endorsement. I truly hope she provides you with the same level of success she provided to John McCain.
• Two Corinthians and a Trump walk into a bar.
• If Obama came out in favor of oxygen, Republicans would suffocate themselves.
• Voting season is rapidly approaching. If you do not like the government you have get out and vote. Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results. Elected officials are more interested in getting re-elected. Change government by changing elected officials.
• Last year, Tom Shady deflated footballs, this year the Denver defense deflated Tom Shady.
• I am going to vote for Donald Trump because he is the greatest person to ever live in the history of the world.
• Not to make light of someone’s house burning down but what do you expect when you are running a generator inside the house?
• I don’t it was very wise to release the names of the folks on the search committee for the new Griffin High football coach. With these lunatics around here, it wouldn’t surprise me if the committee members are harassed.
• With all the problems in the world, it amazes me that people make such a big stink over the Academy Awards. These award shows are just a way for these liberal Hollywood weirdos to pat themselves on the back, so who really cares about who is nominated?
• In 2013, the Griffin
Bears defeated the Carrollton Trojans for the state championship in the Georgia Dome. Going into 2016, both schools are looking for head football coaches. As of Fridays, Jan. 15, 25 applicants applied for the vacancy at Griffin while almost 300 applied at Carrollton. Will someone explain why the Griffin vacancy is no longer appealing to the coaches that are looking at what once was one of the best head coaching jobs in the state. Could it be the administration or they want a “yes sir, no sir” head coach?