• April Fool’s Day has come and gone, but I was thinking that it doesn’t have much meaning in Griffin. With so many goobers around here, every day is a fool’s day.
This is a free country. Every whacko that wants an assault rifle should have the right to get one.
• I heard some song lyrics the other day that reminded me of the local election board for some reason — “clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.”
• The Republicans in the Georgia legislature want to stop me from voting, but I will vote, but not for any of those illegitimate children.
It appears Kemp is nervous. He must feel Stacey Abrams’ breath breathing down his neck. First he is working to make it harder to vote. But without the confidence that his voter suppression will work, he is now asking the legislature to pass rules limiting the power of the next governor. I gu…
The Republican Party will take the House and Senate in 2022. Donald J. Trump will become president in 2024.
— The top four things that kill brain cells: drugs, alcohol, Facebook comments and My Two Cents comments.
• Anyone who says he would die for Trump is crazy. Sure, he’s lovable and likable. But so is your mother. They better look twice. Not looking? OK. It’s not lies.
I always thought that I would have to move to another country in order to live under a socialist government. I guess I was wrong about that. See you in the bread lines, comrades.
• All these “pro-life” people who would vote for Hitler if he were running as a Republican only care about life as an embryo, not an individual after birth.
• Only a Republican would be outraged by the conditions they see when they are trespassing on a contraction road they have repeatedly been told to stay off.
• One of the most illogical statements I have ever heard is that Kamala Harris is not Black because her father is Jamaican. Do you idiots know anything about Jamaica?
Note to the Republican Party (not that you will actually pay attention). You have been preaching to the choir and the hard-core wing of the party so much that you are turning off people in the middle who might otherwise vote Republican. You are going to have to swing to the middle a little b…
Can you believe it? News reports are saying that the Trump administration has lied. Someone needs to check the facts. Is it possible that after over five years reports of Trump lies are now being reported?
• Mr. Warnock said you can’t serve God and the military. I say you can’t serve God and be a Democrat.
• I love Griffin and Spalding County, but I am so disappointed that people don’t wear masks and litter so much. In some businesses, no clerks will be wearing masks. Litter can easily be kept in a car, until a person finds a trash can. Come on Griffin, we can do better.
• I hope that all of you goobers out there got what you wanted for Christmas. Nothing says “Merry Christmas” better than a month’s supply of Pabst Blue Ribbon and a couple of cartons of cigarettes.
• In many parts of the USA the hospitals are in crisis mode, and in the UK a new more easily transmitted variant of COVID has been detected. Responsible governmental leaders all over the world have banned travel from the UK. In the meantime Trump continues to ignore the crisis and focus on w…
• Sadly we are witnessing the demise of the United States as the world’s most democratic nation. The partisanship that the United States Congress believes is more important than the people of the U.S. and the attack on the voting system by the president and his Republican allies will end the…
• If Georgia doesn’t get rid of Stacey Abrams we will soon be a socialist state worse than California. Wake up Georgians!
• Joe Biden won 477 counties and Donald Trump won 2,497 counties in the U.S. — an impressive difference until you learn that Biden’s counties account for 70% of the U.S. Gross Domestic Product (Source: Brookings Institute). The situation was similar in 2016 with HRC vs. DJT. Basically, Repub…
• I think it’s completely wrong for Joe Biden to have a German shepherd dog. If he is a true American, he would get rid of that German dog and get himself an American dog. But it’s typical for a Democrat to put foreign dogs ahead of American dogs.
• Does anybody really believe that we sent a man to the moon? The moon is 240,000 miles from earth. Our government can’t even balance a budget, but they expect us to believe that they could send astronauts to the moon. Smoke and mirrors, people.
• What is the difference between The Grinch and my mother-in-law? One is a green, hateful monster who loves to rob people of their joy and the other one is The Grinch.
• Wisconsin told Trump he had to pay up front if he wanted a recount, he declined. In Georgia, taxpayers pay for a recount, so after a 100% hand recount, Trump makes Georgia taxpayers pay for yet another recount, because when you are the least fiscally conservative president in American hist…
• If this was an honest election in Spalding County, why did people who did not apply for an absentee ballot receive two ballots in the mail? If you applied for an absentee ballot you also received two absentee ballots.
• If you think that a multimillionaire who will spend between $30 million and $50 million for a job that pays less than $200,000 a year has your best interest at heart or knows anything about an average person’s daily life, then you will vote Republican. If you think a regular person that ha…
• Ahh, the election is over and we won’t have to listen to all those annoying ads anymore. What’s that you say, a runoff election in January? Never mind.
• Really bad look for the city on the front page of the Oct. 30 paper. None of the officials handing out awards wore masks and surely didn’t distance themselves. Dr. Fauci would be greatly disturbed. Come on, folks. Get woke.
• When Ben Franklin said, “Fools names like their faces, often seen in public places,” could he have been talking about Facebook?
• People who say “go big or go home” seriously underestimate my desire to go home. It’s literally my only goal for most of the day.
• I would like to express a great big thank you to whoever came up with the idea of allowing seniors over 75 years of age to advance to the front of the line in early voting. It made it so much easier for my husband and me.
• He is not religious (remember “two Corinthians”) and looks down on those who are, is an adulterer (with porn stars), corrupt, denies science and is actively anti-science (unless findings are beneficial to his agenda), was a back-slapping buddy with a pedophile, golfs too much (three times …
After making fun of Biden for wearing masks, Trump told the American people, COVID is nearly behind us. COVID replied, “Not so fast!”
• The winner of the debate? No one. Who will be the real loser in November? The American people.
Here’s a tip to you so-called “Christians” — rather than trying to find the truth on Fox News, right-wing websites or Facebook, how about actually reading your Bible for a change?
• Mr. Policeman, how very unprofessional of you was it to search a car at the end of my driveway on East Broadway, then when you were finished, you took your gloves off and threw them on my yard? For your information we are in the midst of a pandemic. Please be more careful in the future. We…
• Saying that wearing a mask during a pandemic is living in fear is like saying wearing oven mitts means you are afraid of the oven.
• It’s the 100th anniversary of women’s right to vote, how will you celebrate, Donald Trump? By inviting a speaker to the convention that believes the man of the house should be the only one who votes!
• Imagine a world without Donald Trump. Now make sure you are registered to vote and cast your vote as early as possible.
• One thousand Americans are dying each day from the COVID-19 virus, approaching a total of 160,000 total deaths in the United States alone. Our president Donald Trump tells us that things are under control. Further, he acknowledges the numbers and states, “It is what it is, what can you do?…
• The Georgia Republican Party will challenge the votes of every minority voter to prevent Democratic candidates from winning any senatorial and congressional seat.
— If you think only Black lives matter, you probably are a racist. If you think only white lives matter, you probably are a racist. If you think all lives matter, you are probably a Christian. Pick one.
— Conservatives have pretty much always championed local governments and local control, but they are now exposed as a bunch of hypocrites. If you tout local control, then how can it be wrong for the city of Atlanta and other local cities and counties to mandate masks? I think it's because th…
— If you are not wearing a mask out in public, you are showing you are selfish and have no regard for other people.
• Football. Joe Montana was overrated. He wasn’t a very good quarterback. He was surrounded by a good team, that’s about it. I can’t see how he could have played on a high school team, much less an NFL team. 49ers were overrated. They were a good team in the 1980s, but not great. The 1949 Ea…
• Instinct says if someone hurts you, hurt them back even more. God says do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. That’s what Jesus taught, and so did Martin Luther King Jr.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.