• Postmaster R.L. Williams said that there was a steady increase in postal receipts.
From the annals of 1962
• Jack Langford was attending a national American Legion convention.
• Mrs. C.W. Kuhn presented a program at the Griffin Music Club.
From the annals of 2007
• Former Griffin High basketball standout Josh Pace was playing in the CBA.
• A survey found that Griffin Power was a low-cost electric provider in the area.
• The investigation into the fire that destroyed Watkins & Sons Funeral Home was continuing.