• The fertilizer bill was approved by the state.
• Bartlett Searcy and Annie Andrews won a 4,000-mile trip sponsored by The Griffin Daily News.
• It was reported that many students joined the Spalding Corn Club.
From the annals of 1937
• Griffin was planning a Safety Week from Sept. 1-7.
From the annals of 1962
• Elizabeth Buice celebrated her birthday.
• The state proclaimed that Ty Cobb Day was going to be held Aug. 30.
• Gubernatorial candidate Marvin Griffin planned a rally in Griffin.
From the annals of 2007
• Jim Higdon, the executive director for the Georgia Municipal Association, spoke at a Kiwanis Club of Griffin meeting.
• The Griffin softball team beat Lovejoy 14-0 in its home opener.
• County firefighters were raising money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
• Spalding commissioner Dave Phillips called for measures to boost security at the courthouse.
• The local March of Dimes campaign was set to kick off at Spalding High.
• A suspected electrical fire on Quail Road displaced a local resident.