• J.W. Gresham was to open four new stores on Broadway Street.
From the annals of 1962
• Dundee was to have a fishing contest for all of its employees and families.
• Thelma Davis was named Vice President of the Classroom Teachers Department of the National Education Association.
From the annals of 2007
Darryl Putnam, who wrote the book “ And He Restored My Soul,” dedicated his spare time to preaching to men in the Henry County Jail.
• The Spalding County Board of Commissioners planned a property tax increase.
• Rising Griffin High School senior Tim Beckham was named to an AFLAC All-American baseball team.