• The Saturday Night Club, a debate club in Atlanta, admitted girls.
• It was announced that the Poultry Show would be held in conjunction with the County Fair in the fall.
From the annals of 1937
• The Griffin baseball team was preparing for the Region 4-AAA tournament.
• Julia Bunn was named the Jaycette director for the Fourth District.
From the annals of 1962
• Spalding County was building a fire tower.
• Kristina Daniel won an art scholarship.
From the annals of 1987
• The Georgia Bulldogs advanced to the College World Series.
• Kyle Petty won the pole for the Coca-Cola 600.
From the annals of 2007
• Spalding High’s Phillip Hill was heading to the United States Air Force Academy.
• Locals gathered to pay tribute to fallen service members on Memorial Day.
• Danny Kendrick was retiring after 31 years as director of transportation of the Griffin-Spalding School system.