• J.A. Gossett sold his grocery store to Mobley Johnson.
• George Hanson was commissioned as second lieutenant of the Spalding Grays.
• Efforts were being made to revive the John McIntosh Kiell Camp No. 107 of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.
From the annals of 1962
• Former Gov. Marvin Griffin visited Griffin.
• Carol Penny was named the 1962 Sweetheart of Phi Gamma Delta fraternity at Auburn University.
• Bill Shipp, of the Atlanta Constitution, spoke at the Griffin Rotary Club.
From the annals of 2007
• Macon-based CPA Ann Smith spoke at a Lunch and Learn event in Barnesville.
• The Griffin boys basketball team was preparing to play Statesboro in the second round of the Class AAAA state tournament.