• Opal Gay was to attend the Sixth District Agricultural College in Barnesville.
• Charles T. Smith was elected president of the Concord Banking Company.
From the annals of 1962
• Steve Arnold was presented his Eagle Scout Badge.
• The Rev. and Mrs. Leroy Carver and the Rev. and Mrs. Roy Douglas attended the Church of God Sunday School and Youth Convention.
• Carol Jean Mobley was named to the dean’s list at Georgia Southern College.
From the annals of 2007
• Bill Landrum was selected to serve as Griffin mayor for 2007.
• Superior Court Judge Chris Edwards was sworn in to his third term of office by Fayette County Probate Judge Martha Stephenson.
• Barbara Kreider accepted a gift of recognition for the Spalding County Farm Bureau, which was named one of the top 15 county Farm Bureau programs in the state.