The second reading of the proposal is one of several items on the agenda for Tuesday night’s regularly scheduled meeting at 6 p.m. The Board of Commissioners is also scheduled to consider:
• a rezoning request for 5.16 acres along Mount Zion Road from Low Density Residential-B to Planned Commercial District.
• awarding the construction contact for relocation of water and sewer utilities for the Sixth Street bridge project to Kemi Construction in the amount of $318,322.
• renewal of the annual meter reading contract with Tru-Check retroactive to July 1 and approval of a 12-month lease agreement with Tru-Check for Suite 114 in One Griffin Center for one year, effective Oct. 1, for $9,116 a year.
• a budget amendment of $17,200 for Griffin-Fire Rescue.
• the tabled request of the Spalding Collaborative for $10,000 for matching funds for the Strengthening Communities Fund Non-Profit Capacity Program grant.
The commission also has a workshop meeting scheduled for Tuesday morning, beginning at 9. The topics include an update on the airport relocation, including the possible creation of an airport authority, a transit feasibility study and retiree health costs.