“I was so proud for her,” said SHS coach Dolores Owen. “She has really been dedicated and determined from the first day of practice. I do not think I have ever coached anyone who loved the sport as much as she does.”
Spalding finished 23rd in a field with more than 30 teams.
“The entire team had a great day,” said Owen. “Everyone had PRs, as they usually do at that particular pool. It has been a great season with so many goals met, and more focus than last year. The future looks bright for SHS swimming.”
* 200-yard relay: Boys 33rd out of 50 : John Wesley, Dayton Grogan, Aubrey Fowler and Cody Badgett in 2:11.07; Girls: 14th LeeAnn Frank, Blair Dunaway, Mikayla Stormes and Chlesea Jacobs in 2:09.02 (2 seconds away from qualifying).
* 200 freestyle: Cody Badgett 28th in 2:23.79, Aubrey Fowler 53rd in 2:43.21; Girls : Blair Dunaway 20th in 2:29.3 and Mikayla Stormes 25th in 2:31.6.
* 200 IM: Hallie Smith 31st in 2:59.3 and Olivia Dillon 44th in 3:15.
* 50 freestyle: Dayton Grogan 28th in 25:31, John Wesley 33rd in 25.58, Girls LiAnne Harris 61st in 34.24 and Laney Ballard 79th in 37.63.
* 100 freestyle: John Wesley 31st in 57.97, Dayton Grogan 39th in 58:76; Girls: Lianne Harris 71 in 1:22.3, Laney Ballard 77 in 1:27.2, Dallas Wynne 85 in 1:30.5 and Cora Pursley 86 in 1:33.2.
* 500 freestyle: Blair Dunaway 21st in 6:39.6.
* 200 freestyle relay: Girls 16th in 1:56.05 Blair Dunaway, Mikayla Stormes, LeeAnn Frank and Chelsea Jacobs; Team B: 32nd, in 2:11.03 Olivia Dillon Kim Wood, Hallie Smith and Emma Chasteen.
* 100 backstroke: LeeAnn Frank 15th in 1:14.2, Emma Chasteen 48th in 1:03.7, Ruth Boggs 70th in 1:45.3 and Dallas Wynne 71st in 1:47.5.
* 100 breastroke: Chelsea Jacobs 6th in 1:14.72, Kim Wood 55th in 1:38.9 and, Olivia Dillon 56th in 1:40.7.
The team closes out the season Saturday at Newnan.