• The “business outlook for the fall was exceedingly bright in Griffin.”
From the annals of 1962
• The county was eyeing a new Civil Air Patrol headquarters.
• Jack Moss was running for county commissioner.
From the annals of 2007
• Carver Middle School’s Erika Pushik and Brittani Donald were named All-American cheerleaders during a summer came held by Elite Cheerleading.
• The Griffin Police Department received a federal grant to upgrade techonology.
• Sue Johnson, of ERA Graham Realtors, completed GRI II in preparation for her GRI designation.