• The Southern Railway was to aid farmers.
From the annals of 1962
• Pizza King was to hold a grand opening.
• The Griffin High football team was preparing for a game against Gainesville.
From the annals of 2007
• Jerry James
marked 50 years of service with Southern States LLC.
• Spalding County Commission Chairman Eddie Freeman presented Helen Grayson with a proclamation declaring Sept. 17-23 “Constitution Week in Spalding County.”
• The Griffin football team lost 12-3 to Upson-Lee while Spalding beat Worth County 10-8.