• Recent wet weather caused small crops.
• Arthur Rolf was named Poultry Chief for Experiment Farm.
• Tom Watson was to appear at the Spalding Fair.
From the annals of 1962
• Karla Lail married Samuel Callaway.
• Griffin won the Connie Mack championship with Donald Griffin getting five hits in the title game.
• Marvin Griffin, governor candidate, opened a headquarters in Griffin.
• Alice Atkins was honored with a birthday party.
• Andrew Copeland resigned from the school board.
• Bob Knight was awarded am American Business Clubs scholarship.
• Cathy Smith was honored with a party.
• Lewis Beck and James Rawls sought to be elected to the school board.
From the annals of 2007
• Bob Stipes received a Purple Heart 40 years after being wounded during the Vietnam War.
• The minimum wage hike drew mixed reviews.
• A ribbon-cutting was held at Iris City Art and Framing Inc.
• The Spalding County A.O.G. Shooters won the GRPA 4th District Men’s Industrial Equalizer softball in LaGrange.
• A Griffin man was rescued from a burning home.
• Griffin-Spalding County School Superintendent Dr. Jesse Bradley spoke at a Kiwanis Club meeting.