• It was reported the the acreage in cotton was short.
From the annals of 1962
• Carl Sanders, a candidate for governor, opened an office in Griffin.
• The Meridian Sun Lodge was planning a family night.
From the annals of 2007
• The Spalding County Board of Commissioners proclaimed July 17 as John James Flynt Jr. Day.
• The Spalding County Board of Commissioners proclaimed July 31 at “The Kids in Need Free Store for Teachers Day.”
• Dayton Lupton, from Lamar Middle School, won the Pole Bending Championship at the Georgia State Junior High Rodeo.