• The Spalding County Superior Court convened in the new courthouse.
From the annals of 1937
• The Junior Golfers and Exchange Club Tournament Committee held a barbecue at Municipal Park.
From the annals of 1962
• Rotary Governor George Erwin was visiting Griffin.
• Shingleroof was planning its annual camp meeting.
From the annals of 2007
• The Griffin BOC was to discuss adult business ordinances.
• Tom and Teresa Halley were the first homebuyers in the new Sun City Peachtree community.
• A painting and sculpture was unveiled at the Doc Holliday Museum.